A toned, lean stomach is the ultimate sign of a fitness plan that’s working.
It’s also one of the hardest things to achieve.
Maybe you’ve given up on your abs after doing thousands of crunches only to see zero results. I honestly don’t blame you.It’s time that you forget everything you’ve heard about how to sculpt your abs. The truth is that crunches simply won’t give you a six-pack. Ever.
Doing crunches with the hope that it will turn your midsection into a washboard is to operate under the most widely held fitness myth. I’m talking about the spot reducing myth. Here’s the truth: training one area of your body will not specifically burn fat from that area.
Even those who have heard that spot reducing is a myth often still train as if it is true. So here’s the hard truth that you need to face: Doing crunches will not magically make your tummy shrink, it will not cause your muffin top to melt away, and it will not give you washboard abs.
Only a reduction in body fat will do that for you.
So want the secret to great abs? Drop some body fat with a of fat burning cardio, resistance training, and clean eating.
It is very possible for you to dramatically shape up your midsection. Yes, I’m talking to Y-O-U. Weight loss is not reserved only for the people you see on the Biggest Loser or on exercise equipment infomercials. You can do it too.
Let’s determine if your current routine is getting you closer to that six-pack, or if you have simply been burning time. Answer the following two questions to find out…
How many times per week do you exercise? If you answered with anything less than 4 fat burning workouts per week then that’s the first thing getting between you and streamline abs. What is a fat burning workout? A routine that incorporates intense cardiovascular training with challenging resistance training. Does this describe what you do?
I’m sorry to be the one to break this to you but walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes at a comfortable pace isn’t a fat blasting routine. Neither is a leisurely, not-a-drop-of-sweat 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. The truth is that exercising smart allows you to dramatically increase your results while spending less time in the gym.
Cardio exercise is most beneficial when done at an effective level of intensity. This doesn’t mean that you should be gasping for air. It does mean that you need to dig down and push yourself. Every time.
Resistance training is the second vital part to a workout that burns fat. This means working your major muscle groups against resistance in a way that challenges you and stimulates your metabolism. The key here is to find the right intensity and to keep each muscle group guessing.
Do you eat clean? Diet is the number one reason that most people don’t have great abs. If your diet is out of control, then your abs will be too. To trim your waist, start by trimming the junk out of your diet, regardless of how hard you exercise.
- Don’t eat too much. Do you know approximately how many calories you eat each day? The best way to find out is to record every single thing that you eat for a few days. Take those numbers and do an evaluation—feel free to recruit me to help out with this part. Together we’ll come up with improvements for your diet and adjust your calories for maximum results.
- Cut out the junk. While this may seem obvious, your definition of “junk food” may need to be updated. Start with anything that contains sugar. Refined sugar is one of the biggest ingredients in the junk food world—it is found in soft drinks, blended coffee drinks, cookies, cakes, packaged snacks, and other sweet treats. Processed fat is another monster to avoid. As a rule of thumb, view all processed or refined items as junk food, and kick them to the curb.
- Eat when hungry. You’ve been told to never let your metabolism “crash” by going hours without eating, but it turns out that all-day snacking may be counter-productive. Instead of trying to schedule meals and snacks for certain times throughout your day go with how your body feels. If you are hungry then have a small, protein-based snack. If you aren’t hungry then don’t force a snack on yourself in the name of fueling your metabolism.
Now you know why just crunches will not get you the abs of your dreams. While it is important to exercise your abs a couple of times a week, don’t expect fat to fall of that area after thousands of crunches.
If you seriously want to flatten and sculpt your waist then all you have to do is decide that you really want it. Commit to yourself. You deserve it.
Come see me for fat blasting workouts that deliver the results you want. Together we will get you on a program that will melt the fat off your abs, exposing shape and definition—with visible results.
Call or email me today for a no obligation consultation. I’m here to propel you towards your fitness and fat loss goals.
Let’s get you started on a fitness program that will get you on the fast track to your best abs ever.
Dinners like these Turkey Lettuce Wraps will help you quickly reach your fat loss goal. The shredded cauliflower, rice and onions in this recipe make an amazing substitution for grain-based pilaf. With the addition of lean, ground turkey and lettuce this comfort-food tasting meal is actually quite lean and green.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
12 large Romaine lettuce leaves
For the Cinnamon Ground Turkey Rice:
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 carrots, shredded
1/2 yellow onion, minced
dash of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 lb ground, organic turkey
1 head cauliflower, shredded (To shred: cut into florets and run through a food processor with the grating attachment)
1/3 cup golden raisins
1 cup chicken broth
dash of freshly ground pepper
For the Quick Apple Chutney:
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 yellow onion, minced
2 green apples, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon coconut crystals
1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
sprinkle of sea salt
1. For the Cinnamon Ground Turkey Rice: In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and onions, cook for 3 minutes, until soft. Add salt, cinnamon and ground turkey. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add the head of shredded cauliflower, raisins, broth and pepper. Cook for another 4 minutes, until heated through.
2. For the Quick Apple Chutney: In a medium skillet place the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and apples. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, add the cinnamon, coconut crystals, apple juice and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for another 4 minutes until apples are tender.
3. Assemble Your Lettuce Wraps: Spread a generous spoonful of the turkey mixture along the center of a Romaine lettuce leaf, top with a spoonful of chutney. Enjoy
One serving equals: 248 calories, 9g fat, 156mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 17g protein.
I’m not going to sugarcoat it. The truth is that lifestyle changes aren’t easy to make, and that transformations don’t happen overnight. There’s a good chance that you’ll have occasional setbacks. But don’t even think of giving up!
If you never give up, then you won’t fail.
Each day is a new chance to start over. Begin each day with the resolve to make your new healthy lifestyle a priority. Results will soon follow.